Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Polygamist Cult Love Poem

I think that I shall never see
A telephone, or DVD,
But that’s just fine, love’s all I need,
Plus a wife, or two, like God decreed.

That’s where you come in, my sweet, so fair,
With your layers of full body underwear,
Nothing makes my thoughts uncleaner
Than your downward gaze, and meek demeanor.

The braids so tight around your head,
Get me so hot, they make me red.
But that hue’s forbidden, it’s for the Creator,
I’ll have to beat you for that, later.

When first we met, I knew we’d wed,
And that I’d have you in my bed.
I knew my love, you’d not renounce,
‘Cause you were just 8 lbs, 1 oz.

You’d proclaim our love to the world around,
Or at least to those in the compound,
But of course, you can’t. That’s just absurd,
We only taught you basic words.

Nothing could ruin our wedding day,
‘Cept the government swat team that took you away.
But you need your husband! It’s obscene!
Don’t they know you’re just thirteen?

So now you’re gone, but please don’t cry.
I love you dear, and F.Y.I.,
Since she’s still here, somehow they missed her,
I’m now married to your younger sister.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so wrong .... yet so funny

Anonymous said...

dark and rather disturbing,yet brilliant. sis